Thursday, June 24, 2010

Onion Thogayal

Everytime I make chutneys for idli and dosai. It has become a routine side dish. We had a very heavy lunch and I thought I would make a not a heavy side dish! I also don't have much time, and something different frmo the routine one. Then I thought I would prepare onion thogayal, which is one of my favorite made by my grandmother.





You need,
2 oinions
3 tspn Urad dhal
3-5 red chillies
a pinch of Tamarind
salt to taste
4 tspn oil for frying
1/2 tspn mustard
In frying pan, add oil and add urad dhall. Fry till golden brown then add chopped onions. Once onions are golden brown, add the red chillies. Grind the above by adding tamarind and salt. Add very small water to grind.  Crackle mustard in a pan, and add to the ground paste. The thogayal is ready to be served for idli or dosai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...